Wednesday, November 18, 2009

RecPolar

My 2nd iPhone App - Approved

RecPolar was approved by Apple today, and is now available in iTunes App Store. The purpose of this app is to help convert rectangular to polar coordinates, and vice versa. I have seen other converters out there, but could not find one that had a natural interface for entering data. Having a natural interface in this case means that the format of the numbers is identical to how you would write it when solving by pen and paper method. I wrote RecPolar with simplicity in mind, avoiding clutter, so that the results are straight and to the point.

Using the agile method of programming, I first made sure that the underlying modules worked first before moving on to the more complicated ones. Throughout the development, I did a lot of testing to ensure the calculations were done correctly. There were certain cases that the results will be undefined, so those was taken into consideration as well.

This marked my first time to use Quartz graphics, which was very simple to use (as opposed to OpenGL ES). For the type of graphing involved in RecPolar, Quartz was sufficient, since only lines and arcs were needed. For my future apps (which will be games), I will use either OpenGL ES, or Unity for creating 3D apps.

I thank everyone for supporting me by purchasing my apps. If you have any questions or comments, please feel free to drop me a line at gaston.santiago@gmail.com.

Thanks for your support!

No comments:

Post a Comment